Gross Reservoir Expansion Project
- Denver Water has a longstanding, highly effective and nationally recognized water conservation program because we know the value of water in a dry region. Promoting water efficiency is a critical part of our future water supply plan.
- Our customers continue to do an incredible job using water efficiently. They’ve reduced water use by more than 20 percent in the past 15 years, despite a 15 percent population increase.
- Every type of customer is asked to use only what they need, and Denver Water has conservation tools aimed at residential, commercial and industrial water uses. We also have rules that ensure that our customers don’t waste water, including a limit on the number of days and times customers can irrigate lawns or landscapes.
- We have a tiered rate structure to encourage water conservation. The more customers use, the more they pay.
- Denver Water spends more than $5 million each year to provide incentives to our customers to retrofit appliances, fixtures and irrigation systems with more efficient models.
- It’s working! On average, we estimate that residents in our service area consume approximately 90 gallons per day, among the lowest rates in the western U.S.
Net Environmental Benefit
Latest News / Blog
Denver Water Tap - May 21, 2018 - “Since the changes were made to the river in September 2017, we saw the number of fish increase four times,” said Jon Ewert, an aquatic biologist with Colorado Parks and Wildlife. “We’re also seeing more adult fish compared to what we...