Gross Reservoir Expansion Project
- In partnership with the Cities of Boulder and Lafayette, establishes a 5,000-acre-foot environmental pool, which will enhance stream flow in South Boulder Creek during low flow periods, benefiting 17 miles of aquatic habitat.
- Commits Denver Water to working collaboratively with Grand County to use Denver Water’s system flexibility to benefit the aquatic environment.
- Ensures more water in the Fraser and Blue Rivers in dry years.
- Funds multiple water improvement and stream restoration efforts in collaboration with county officials, Trout Unlimited and other interested parties.
- Improves aquatic habitat
- Example: $50,000 committed to stream channelization improvements on the Fraser River.
- Example: Collaborative effort between Denver Water, Colorado Department of Transportation, Grand County and the U.S. Forest Service to modify Denver Water’s diversion structure on the Fraser River to allow the removal of road sand, which has improved stream quality on the Fraser River.
Fraser River Rehab – It’s Working
Latest News / Blog
Denver Water Tap - May 21, 2018 - “Since the changes were made to the river in September 2017, we saw the number of fish increase four times,” said Jon Ewert, an aquatic biologist with Colorado Parks and Wildlife. “We’re also seeing more adult fish compared to what we...