May 26, 2022 – As a reminder, some recreation areas have closed or been relocated to ensure safety during the Gross Reservoir Expansion Project. The overall recreation experience will also be different throughout the project. Below are some of the changes and things to expect.
- Non-motorized boat launching will only take place from the North Shore. Osprey Point is closed to the public for the duration of the project.
- Parking at the North Shore has been expanded and the new parking lot has a one-way traffic flow.
- Denver Water plans to have a shuttle available to take boaters from the North Shore parking lot to the shoreline. The current schedule of operations for the shuttle is Thursday through Monday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Denver Water will evaluate the shuttle operations throughout the season and make adjustments.
- The on-water recreation experience will be different than in past years. The water level is lower and some areas of the reservoir will not be publicly accessible to ensure safety.
- Do not park on the side of the roads or on private property. Visitors who park illegally in the parking lot or along the road are subject to parking tickets and having their vehicle towed.
Please observe all posted speed limits, signage and instructions from all on-site personnel.